[gst-devel] 3gp demux plugin working on PC but not on target

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Jan 6 20:08:22 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Rahul Verma <rahul.verma at sasken.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a 3gp Demux plugin.
>
> My pipeline is filesrc ! 3gpreader(custom) ! mpeg4decoder(custom) !
> xvimagesink. This works properly on the PC. But when I try to run the same
> pipeline on target
>
> filesrc ! 3gpreader(custom) ! mpeg4decoder(custom) ! v4l2videosink, it does
> not work.
>
> I get the following error :
>
> gst_bus_new:<bus0> [00m created new bus
>
> Caught SIGSEGV accessing address (nil)

Without the source to your plugin, all we can say about this
particular crash is "it's presumably a bug in your plugin, you'll need
to fix it".

That said, why aren't you using qtdemux? GStreamer includes a fairly
full-featured, high quality demuxer for
quicktime-and-qt-derived-formats like 3gp, and it works well already.

Mike