[gst-devel] Grabbing snapshots out of live stream

OB Lutz ob.lutz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:48:04 CET 2009

Hey all

I'm trying to write a pipeline that will take video in from a network
source, do some transcoding, and send it out to a network sink. No problem
there. But I need to be able to get preview snapshots of the stream as its
running, either on demand, or just have it continuously dump out frames to a
known file periodically. I'm doing some experiments using a v4lsrc and
xvimagesink as my fake network source and sink for now. I've found the 'tee'
block that looks promising to split my stream into 2, so one can go on its
way to the network sink, and the other could maybe write to a file, but all
my experiments have only shown me a single frame in my xvimagesink. Am I
going down the right path trying to use 'tee' or is there some other set of
blocks I should use?

Thanks