[gst-devel] gdkpixbufsink factory not found

mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk
Tue Jan 13 18:21:38 CET 2009

I have a strange problem with a factory not being found for
"gdkpixbufsink" on Fedora Core 6 - while the same code works on Ubuntu
8.10.

When I do "locate libgstgdk" on Fedora Core 6, I get:
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstgdkpixbuf.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.8/libgstgdkpixbuf.so

which is fine. It was installed by the normal good plugins RPM package.

When I run gst_element_factory_find ("gdkpixbufsink"), I get a null
pointer. Is there any reason why the factory is not found despite the
library is installed? Is there any way to list my plugins? Is it a
possibility that 0.8 and 0.10 are interferring?

Incidentially, filesrc, decodebin, queue and ffmpegcolorspace have
factories available, as expected.

Thanks,

Tim

PS My previous problem about getting accurate frames is still a
problem but I worked around it by using the time in nanoseconds and
the frame rate.