[gst-devel] plugin working with realimentation

Antonio Marqués amm at tid.es
Wed Jan 14 12:08:38 CET 2009

Hello developers,

I am interesting to design a plugin which has as inputs N-1 number of
pads (some images from a filesrc for example) and another input which
would be the result of the plugin's output, so I would like to implement
a kind of realimentation in that plugin.

In that plugin I would like to have all the N input buffers in the
process function. So I have thought in using the collect pad method for
all the pads. The problem is that, for the first buffer I would have not
the buffer of the pad N (because it would be the output of the buffer),
so the pipeline would not be set on PLAYING state never. Does anyone
know how to solve this problem? The main purpose of the plugin is, to
make an initial computation for the first frame taking into account the
N-1 images and for the other frames taking also into account the
previous output, which would be the N pad.

If anyone knows a plugin with similar function it would be great for me
to look at its source code.

Thanks in advance.

--
Toni Marqués Marqués