[gst-devel] Uridecodebin signals

Darren Staples dstaples at friendmts.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 15:38:19 CET 2009

Having got a pipeline with decodebin working (programmatically) I¹m now
trying to do the same with uridecodebin.
I¹m keeping it as simple as possible and just trying to link uridecodebin
->ffmpegcolorspace -> ximagesink.

I¹ve read through the documentation and can see that I¹m going to have to
use the various signals to dynamically link uridecodebin to the next element
in the pipeline.
But I¹m unclear as to which of the signals to use and the sequence they are
triggered in.

I can do this using gst-launch but this takes care of all the signal
handling for me, and I want to be able to do the same with a C program.

Could someone give me a brief overview of which signals I probably should
use and the order they would normally occur in please ?

Many thanks for all the help so far !

Darren

*** FRIEND MTS LIMITED EMAIL CONFIDENTIALITY ***

This email message and any attachments may
contain information which is confidential or privileged
and is intended for the sole use of the person to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosures, copying,
distribution or use of the contents is prohibited.  If you
have received this email message in error, please
notify our office by telephone (+44 (0)121 633 2000)
or email (admin at friendmts.co.uk) immediately.  Thank you.