[gst-devel] Time taken by gst_pad_push function

Deepak T.Y deepakty at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Jan 16 07:21:32 CET 2009

Hi all,
       I am trying to optimize my Gstreamer based application. I have a gstreamer pulgin
which pushs around 35-40k data to next element in the pipeline. The following are my
observations:

1. Time taken across gst_pad_push() function is around 50,000 usec. i.e
    gettimeofday(&t1,NULL);
    gst_pad_push(pad,buf);
    gettimeofday(&t2,NULL);
    Why gst_pad_push() function is taking so much time?

2. The time taken between start of gst_pad_push() and start of the chain function of next
   element in the pipeline is around 4,000 usec. Compared to time taken by gst_pad_push()
   to return to the calling fucnction, 4000 usec is less.

Please can anyone help me in improving the timing of gst_pad_push()?

Thanking you,
Deepak T Y

This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.