[gst-devel] msgsm plugin not recognized

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sat Jan 17 00:57:14 CET 2009

Tom,

So, from your first email we have this:>    Capabilities:
>      audio/x-msgsm
>                   rate: 8000
>               channels: 1

** Message: don't know how to handle audio/ms-gsm, rate=(int)8000,
channels=(int)1, codec_data=(buffer)4001

>From the gst-inspect output, we have this:
    Capabilities:
      audio/x-msgsm
                   rate: 8000
               channels: 1

This means that the msgsmdec decoder that you have accepts a type
called "audio/x-msgsm". However, the demuxer outputs a type called
"audio/ms-gsm". These aren't the same, so the decoder is considered
incompatible, and therefore not used.

You'll need to change the decoder to use "audio/ms-gsm" for this to work.

Mike