[gst-devel] How to register Gstreamer Plugin with Playbin so that playbin detect my plugins

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Jan 19 19:16:14 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:35 AM, rakesh sharma
<rakesh2.sharma at aricent.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends I have written one plugin now i want that the plugin should be
> called with playbin....
> can anybody please help me its really urgent...!!!!

You haven't given much context for us to go on here.

Is your plugin a source? A sink? A demuxer or decoder?

The key points to check, if you want playbin to autoplug it, are:
 - correct element details class
 - non-zero rank (and higher than other alternatives playbin might select)
 - correct caps templates.

We can't be any more specific with the info you've given.

Mike