[gst-devel] How to register Gstreamer Plugin with Playbin so that playbin detect my plugins

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Jan 20 19:09:18 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:22 AM, sudarshan bisht
<bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Why it is showing             Rank:         unknown (260)        ?

There are a few "named" ranks - minimal, normal, maximum, and so on.
But rank is just a number, so you can have intermediate values too -
which this plugin has. That's actually fine.

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, rakesh sharma <rakesh2.sharma at aricent.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> i am doing only  gst_element_register(plugin, type_name, rank, type);
>> i am not doing any other registration.....
>>
>> gst-inspect of mp4sp_dec is :
>>
>> [root at bghwf9861 testelement]# gst-inspect mp4sp_dec
>> Factory Details:
>>  Long name:    mp4sp
>>  Class:        video/decoder
>>  Author(s):    Rakesh <info at rakesh.com>
>>  Rank:         unknown (260)
>>
>> Plugin Details:
>>  Name:                 rakesh_plugin
>>  Filename:             /usr/local/lib/librakesh_plugin.so
>>  Version:              0.1
>>  License:              Proprietary
>>  Source module:        rakesh_plugin
>>  Binary package:       rakesh_plugin
>>  Origin URL:           Rakesh <info at rakesh.com>
>>
>> GObject
>>  +----GstObject
>>       +----GstElement
>>             +----psf_mp4sp_dec
>>
>> Pad Templates:
>>  SINK template: 'sink'
>>    Availability: Always
>>    Capabilities:
>>      video/x-mp4-sp
>>                  width: [ 0, 2147483647 ]
>>                 height: [ 0, 2147483647 ]
>>              framerate: [ 1, 2147483647 ]

This looks wrong in several ways:
 "video/x-mp4-sp" isn't, as far as I know, used anywhere in gstreamer.
Of course, you might be using a custom demuxer that produces it, but
you didn't mention anything like that.

So I assume your decoder isn't actually compatible with any types that
any demuxers might output.

Additionally, framerate in gstreamer is a fraction, you have it here
as an integer.

Make sure you fix up the other things mentioned by other people too.

Mike