[gst-devel] How does an element work in pull mode ?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jan 21 19:03:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM, irfanshaikh
<irfanshaikh at tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>          Consider the following pipline,  I think the elements in the
> following pipeline works in Push mode
>
>          gst-launch filesrc location=/home/h264.dat ! video/x-h264,
> width=1280, height=720, framerate=30/1 ! ffmux_asf ! filesink
> location=/home/h264.asf
>
>          What changes we have to do to make these element in pull mode ??

We very strongly recommend against use ffmux_*; they mostly don't
work, and we can't help you with them.

Which element do you want to run in pull mode? Presumably the muxer:
you'd have to rewrite the muxer to run in pull mode. But it still
won't work, since you don't have an h264 parser in your pipeline.
Maybe you wanted to add a parser, then run THAT in pull mode? Either
way: if it doesn't already support pull mode, you'd need to add that
functionality to the source.

Mike