[gst-devel] Grabbing RTSP Stats?

Jack Foster jack.foster11 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:30:46 CET 2009

Thanks for the reply!

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Eric Zhang <nicolas.m.zhang at gmail.com> wrote:
>     1. RTCP does the communication works between server & clients. Also
> gstrtpbin handles the RTCP stuffs.

Both my sender and receiver are using gstrtpbin.  The pads the sender
are rtcp rx/tx and rtp tx.  Similarly the pads the receiver is using
are rtcp rx/tx and rtcp rx.

I guess my question specifically is, can I get access to the packets
statistics on both the sender's and receiver's rtcp pads.  This will
provide me with the feedback of how many packets are being received vs
being sent.  I'm hoping to give the user feedback like at the bottom
of the ekiga SIP client.  Example:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Image:Ekiga_in_a_Call.png

>     2. gstrtpjitterbuffer will send a customized event to downstream
> elements when it finds packet missing. You can make a packet receiving
> report according to this.

I want to know the information even if a packet isn't missing.  i.e.
informing the user that all packets are being received!

Thanks,
Jevin