[gst-devel] Demux

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:38:40 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 20:18 +0530, Krishna Kishore wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I have seen that everyone uses opensource ffmpeg demux or qtdemux.
>    I did not come across anyone writing their own demux using their own
> parser module.
>
>    Why does everyone use this opensource demux? Is it because it is
>    already available, well tested?
>    OR did anyone try it and faced problems and switched to opensource
> demux?

... I think the *real* reason why everybody does that is because it's
pointless/insane/masochistic to recode things that are already
available.

  If there's something you want that qtdemux doesn't implement yet, file
a bug asking for that.

   Edward

> Regards,
> Kishore.
> SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
> -------------------------
> This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In
> case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or
> indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are
> requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are
> those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
> shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication
> Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due
> authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of
> viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
> transmitted by this email

  Mails where the disclaimer is bigger than the actual message normally
don't get answered.