[gst-devel] [gst-cvs] ensonic gst-plugins-good: gst-plugins-good/ gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/spectrum/

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 20:34:05 CET 2009

Am Sonntag, den 10.08.2008, 12:35 -0700 schrieb
ensonic at kemper.freedesktop.org:
> CVS Root:       /cvs/gstreamer
> Module:         gst-plugins-good
> Changes by:     ensonic
> Date:           Sun Aug 10 2008  19:35:19 UTC
>
> Log message:
> 	* tests/examples/spectrum/demo-audiotest.c:
> 	* tests/examples/spectrum/demo-osssrc.c:
> 	  Demo how to draw analyzer results synced to the clock.

This is not a good idea as the drawing callback will be called
from some random thread. On X11 you can put all the drawing
code inside the Gdk lock but on Windows the application
will simply die as it's simply not allowed there to do GUI
stuff from outside the thread that runs the main loop.

I'll add the Gdk locking for now to make it work on X11 at
least but maybe this change should be reverted :)

(On X11 it will sometimes kill the application with assertion
failures inside libX11)