[gst-devel] DVD playback using rsndvdbin

Sumanth V sumanth.v at allaboutif.com
Wed Jan 28 09:12:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

           I am writing a application for DVD playback using the rsndvdbin.
I edited the resindvdbin.c code so that it can handle  different audio
format. i am not using the decodebin. I tried playing the DVD's having
different audio format and it worked fine. But when i tried playing a DVD in
which one list of Video songs had a audio format( audio/x-private1-ac3) and
the other List of songs were in "audio/mpeg" format, the 'dvddemux' dose not
generate the pad-added signal correctly.
         The 'dvddemux'  generate the pad-added signal only once for
different audio format. i.e:- If its playing a video with audio format of
"audio/x-private1-ac3" and now if i select to play a video with audio format
"audio/mpeg"  dvddemux generate the 'pad-added' signal. But now if i want to
play a video which has a audio format of  "audio/x-private1-ac3" the
dvddemux dose not generate the pad-added signal. Because of which i am not
able to play the audio, but the video is been played. But if i try playing
the video with
"audio/mpeg" audio format it works fine, since the pad is allreay linked.

         Do i have to make any changes in the "gstmpegdemux.c" and
"resindvdsrc.c" ??

Thanks all.