[gst-devel] element specific bus messages

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Jan 28 19:13:40 CET 2009

> now the doc for xvimagesink
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-xvimagesink.html
> doesn't tell me anything about a specific message (unlike the spectrum
> element for example). And how am I supposed to make the connection from
> xvimagesink to the GstXOverlay definition by just looking at the URL 3
> lines up?

The documentation pretty consistently (and sensibly) doesn't duplicate
docs for the interfaces and superclasses of each element.

So, from that URL, the obvious thing to do is to look at documentation
for the interfaces and superclasses. In this case, that page links to
GstXOverlay as one of the interfaces this element implements.

Unfortunately, the link is broken. I'm not sure why; clearly that's a
mistake (GstXOverlay does have documentation). I'll ask around to see
if anyone knows why these links are broken.

Mike