[gst-devel] GStreamer Summit during GCDS

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 2 16:10:30 CEST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller at 30/06/09 09:17
did gyre and gimble:
> It will be an informal gathering where people should feel free to do
> lightning talk like presentations on multimedia related subjects aimed
> at developers. There will also be some general discussion about our
> GStreamer 1.0 roadmap, following on from Jan Schmidts talk on Sunday.

While I sadly can't attend the summit, I'd be really interested if some
gstreamer+Qt/KDE guys could find some time for a confab.

I'd really like to see Phonon on KDE using the phonon-gstreamer backend
if possible, but there are several issues to sort out. Having a
gstreamer mentory/guru would surely help here!

IMO having gstreamer as the defacto backend on KDE would solve a lot of
bugs that are being blamed on pulseaudio right now which really boil
down to Xine's poor support for the pulseaudio output layer (as Xine
seems to have become the standard phonon backend right now).

Hopefully the Gnome+KDE crossover will let this kind of meeting go through.

:)

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie