[gst-devel] Udpsrc timeout, bus message and notification when source is unavailable

Thu Jul 2 22:42:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using a simple pipeline to receive and view an rtp live stream using udpsrc to receive data. I setted the udpsrc timeout:

source=gst.element_factory_make("udpsrc")
source.set_property("port",self.sourceport)
source.set_property("timeout",3000)
source.set_property("caps",self.caps)

I also have:

bus = self.pipeline.get_bus()
bus.add_signal_watch()
bus.connect("message",self.on_message)

according to the documentation I have to receive a message on the  bus after the timeout, so I disconnect the network cable to the source stream and wait for the timeout message but it seems never to arrive at least as error,warning or state change message, what wrong? How can I be notified when the source stream is not more available?

thanks
Nicola