[gst-devel] scramble for sound card

christie dongmalin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:59:15 CEST 2009

hi all,
   I make my own application with gstreamer,but i can not use another player
such as vlc or totem, to play a music file when i use it.If I have already
played a music with totem or vlc, I can not use my application to play
sound. It says that the sound card is used by other application. However,
vlc and totem can play music at the same time.It looks like that gstreamer
scrambles for sound card agaist other players. The same thing happens when i
use gst-launch lines.
  How can I solve this problem? Is there any element that can be used here?
  I want to use my application and other soundplayers at the same time.

thanks & regards!

christie