[gst-devel] How does one make pygst?

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 14 19:25:04 CEST 2009

I download gst-python-0.10.15.tar.bz2, untar, cd
gst-python-0.10.15, ./configure, make, sudo make install.  I run python and
import pygst.  pygst.__file__ tells me that the file is
in /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages, which has nothing to do with the
package that I just made.  I know that I can set PYTHONPATH in the
environment to prepend /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages to the python
search path, but there is nothing in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages
to search for.  INSTALL says nothing about any other steps required to
install the package.  README is empty.  Any hints?
--
Jeffrey Barish