[gst-devel] User question: remux MP4 file/stream (H.264/AAC) to MPEG2TS file/stream

tiki_ns tihomir.andjelic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:08:09 CEST 2009

Hello Chris,

I am using gstreamer for the similar purpose and I can "mux TS file" using
this gst-launch command:

gst-launch filesrc location=file_name.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux
demux.video_00 ! queue ! mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink
location=out_file_name.ts sync=FALSE demux.audio_00 ! queue ! mux.

Also I found some issues in mpegtsmux which cause:
1. sync problems (PTSs are repeating because of unnecessary check in
mpegtsmux_choose_best_stream() function)
2. with some mp4 files gstreamer is crashing (caused with buffer allocation
in mpegtsmux_prepare_h264() function)
3. high CPU usage (caused with sending one by one TS packet)

If you have same issue I can send you my fixes. Regarding problem with
building latest versions of gst-plugins you should first install the latest
version of gstremer (0.10.23) and gst-plugins_base (0.10.23). For playback
generated TS files I am using VLC player.