[gst-devel] swf with gstreamer-0.10

Tabish Khan Tabish_Khan at infosys.com
Fri Jul 17 12:56:05 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am facing a problem while playing swf file with gst-launch.

I tried with gst-launch playbin uri and even with the pipeline "gst-launch location filesrc=/path/to/the/file.swf ! ffdec_adpcm_swf ! xvimagesink" and also with other demuxer and decoder options
Found in gst-ffmpeg-plugin.

I get the output as  :

Internal gstreamer error : negotiation problem. And sometimes as, Gstreamer encountered a general supporting library error.

I am new to gstreamer based apps and specially swf domain, I am able to play flv file easily.

Please do let me know, if there are some other dependencies or plugins needed. I have already installed, gst-good, bad, ugly, ffmpeg.

When I do a "gst-inspect | grep swf"
It gives me 4 entries, with ffdec_adpcm_swf, ffenc_adpcm_swf, ffmux_swf, ffdemux_swf.

Thanks in advance.

-Tab