[gst-devel] swf with gstreamer-0.10

Tiago Katcipis katcipis at inf.ufsc.br
Fri Jul 17 15:28:14 CEST 2009

There are two major errors on your pipe, im not very used to use adpcm, but
here it goes.

1-* location filesrc=/path/to/the/file.swf is wrong, is **filesrc **location
**=/path/to/the/file.swf*

2- *xvimagesink acepts only video on his sink pad, ** ffdec_adpcm_swf only
outputs audio, so it will never work.*

every time that something goes wrong try to use gst-inspect and see if the
pads of the elements you are linking are compatible, and to debug what is
going wrong...this can be very usefull:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-checklist-debug.html

take a look at: ffdemux_swf, it might do what you want, but maybe you will
need something else on the pipe, im not very used to swf.

best regards,
Katcipis

rememberin that **On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Tabish Khan <
Tabish_Khan at infosys.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> I am facing a problem while playing swf file with gst-launch.
>

> I tried with gst-launch playbin uri and even with the pipeline “*gst-launch
> location filesrc=/path/to/the/file.swf ! ffdec_adpcm_swf ! xvimagesink*”
> and also with other demuxer and decoder options
>
> Found in gst-ffmpeg-plugin.
>

> I get the output as  :
>

> Internal gstreamer error : negotiation problem. And sometimes as, Gstreamer
> encountered a general supporting library error.
>

> I am new to gstreamer based apps and specially swf domain, I am able to
> play flv file easily.
>

> Please do let me know, if there are some other dependencies or plugins
> needed. I have already installed, gst-good, bad, ugly, ffmpeg.
>

> When I do a “gst-inspect | grep swf”
>
> It gives me 4 entries, with ffdec_adpcm_swf, ffenc_adpcm_swf, ffmux_swf,
> ffdemux_swf.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> -Tab

"it might be a profitable thing to learn Java, but it has no intellectual
value whatsoever" Alexander Stepanov