[gst-devel] Dynamically adding and removing branches of a tee...

machinegodzilla machinegodzilla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:02:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

Is it possible to add or remove elements to/from a tee dynamically?

My pipeline looks like that:

                 /  [ queue | decodebin | autovideosink ]
(playing_branch)
filesrc | tee
                 \  [ queue | filesink ]
(recording_branch)

When I start the pipeline only the playing_branch is connected. After a
while I connect the recording_branch in the following way:

gst_bin_add( GST_BIN(pipeline), recording_branch );
gst_element_link( tee, recording_branch );
gst_element_set_state( recording_branch, GST_STATE_PLAYING );

This, however, results only in a 0 bytes file being created and nothing
else.

Is there anything missing here, or is this approach wrong?