[gst-devel] python bindings: how to modify gst.Buffer in place ?

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Thu Jul 23 19:07:44 CEST 2009

Hello

I cannot figure out how to modify a gst.Buffer in place. The context:
the 'handoff' signal of a fakesrc, which passes a reference to a buffer,
which is meant to be emitted by the src (like in
gst-plugins-base/gst/playback/gstscreenshot.c ).

Reading the bindings code, it is possible to memcpy data through a slice
assignment:
buffer[0:buffer.size]='some data...'

However, there is no way to modify the buffer size, preventing the
translation of the following C code:
  GST_BUFFER_SIZE (buf) = GST_BUFFER_SIZE (in_buf);

Should I file a bug against gst-python, or is there something I
overlooked?

Regards,
Olivier