[gst-devel] keyframes from a video

kitone kitone at free.fr
Fri Jul 24 11:20:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm the developer of subtitleeditor[1] and i'm currently rewriting the
gstreamer support. I need to display the position of the keyframes on
the waveform, and for that I need to extract all keyframes from a video
and keep this values in a array.

My current method is to play the video something like this:

'filesrc ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! fakesink'

Connect the 'handoff' signal of my fakesink and check if the buffer has
a flag GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT. If yes, add a keyframe in an array.

It work pretty well, but it's also a little slow. Is there an another
way to get all keyframes from a video?

[1] http://home.gna.org/subtitleeditor

Best regards,
kitone