[gst-devel] Dynamic text overlay

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 12:53:27 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 12:07 +0200, MailingList SVR wrote:

Hi,

> It is possible to dynamically change the text overlay on a video in a
> running pipeline? There is some gstreamer plugin that can do this?

Yes, you can use the textoverlay element and change the "text" property
any time you like. If you want to change the text depending on the
stream time, you'll have to make textoverlay support the GstController
interface for that property (or file a bug in bugzilla so we can add
that).

Cheers
 -Tim