[gst-devel] Pausing bins within a pipeline

Oliver Yu oliyu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 07:18:37 CEST 2009

I'm trying to control multiple videos behind a videomixer and having some trouble.  Each video is contained within a Bin with a GhostPad and the Bin is connected to the videomixer.  I kick off the containing Pipeline with set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING).  When I try to set_state on individual Bins to gst.STATE_PAUSED, nothing happens and everything keeps on playing.  If I try to do the same on the filesrc within the Bin, there is still no response.
- Is is possible to pause individual Bins within a pipeline?  If so, how?
- Is it possible to start certain bins in a paused state when starting the pipeline?
- Also, is there a way to enforce the order of sinks in the videomixer?  I want to be able to control the stacking order of the videos.

I am using GStreamer 0.10 through gstPython.

Oli