[gst-devel] Seeking problem for file recoreded from UDP

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Mon Jun 8 15:12:28 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have written applications for UDP multicast server & client.
On the client side I am writing the incoming UDP packets to a file.
I am able to save the file successfully. But the saved file is not
seekable. Where as the original file is seekable.
Though for some files the +ve playback happens but not smoothly.
But the -ve playback is still not happening in this case also.

The file format contains H.264 video & AAC audio.

Is there any method or algorithm from which I could save the file properly?

P.S. : If I re-encode the saved file into original format the seeking
happens smoothly.

Thanks for any help.