[gst-devel] installing ffenc_libx264 plugin

Sumanth V sumanth.v at allaboutif.com
Tue Jun 9 13:30:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

      I am trying to install ffenc_libx264 plugin from gst-ffmpeg-0.10.7
package, but i am not able to. I have installed libx264. gst-plugin-bad is
able to detect it and is  able to install x264enc plugin. When i try to
install gst-ffmpeg-0.10.7 in the "Enabled encoders:" list the h264 is
missing. If i  try  to  install with --enable-x264 option it gives the
following error,
ERROR: libx264 not found

I have x264enc plugin installed, but i would like to try "ffenc_libx264" in
my application.

regards,
Sumanth