[gst-devel] Problem with adding cap to pipeline

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:11:53 CEST 2009

Hi Sudarshan, I removed the caps from gst_bin_add_many function and linked it (the caps) with the gst_element_link_filtered. So, I have two gst_element_link_many functions two link the two set of elemens before and after the caps. And the link filtered to link these two links with the caps. Now there is no error. But it terminates immediately (while I expect it to continue recording). The following is the output:
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/zelalem/videorecorder
[New Thread 0xb7b2e6b0 (LWP 28619)]

[New Thread 0xb78aeb90 (LWP 28623)]
[New Thread 0xb70adb90 (LWP 28624)]
[New Thread 0xb66ffb90 (LWP 28625)]

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

The following is how I created the pipeline and tried to link the elements:

gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN (pipeline), udpsource, queue1, h263depay, avimuxer, queue2, filedes, NULL);

gst_element_link_many (udpsource, queue1, h263depay, NULL);

gst_element_link_many (avimuxer, queue2, filedes, NULL);

gboolean link_ok = gst_element_link_filtered (h263depay, avimuxer, caps2);

Thank you.

- Zelalem S.