[gst-devel] PAUSED and PLAYING states

Bibin joseph josebibin1984 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 06:22:04 CEST 2009

Is it possible to use the gst_bin_add_many(...) function after changing
into the PAUSED state. Is the following code valid?

if(some condition)
                {

                    gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED);
                    gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN (pipeline), source,
decoder, video_sink, text,  NULL);
                    gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_READY);
                }
                else
                {
                    gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED);
                    gst_bin_add_many (GST_BIN (pipeline), source,
decoder, video_sink, text,*audio_sink,*  NULL); // added audio_sink also
                    gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_READY);
                }
               g_print ("Setting to PLAYING\n");
             gst_element_set_state (pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
            g_print ("Running\n");
             g_main_loop_run (loop);

I was trying to play a video first without sound, after some time play
sound also, without interrupting the playing stream. Please tell me, is
it possible to mix an image with a playing stream, after some time the
playback has been started? Or in other words, is video mixing possible
dynamically, without restarting the stream from the beginning?

Thanks and Regards,
Bibin