[gst-devel] Slow down videos

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Jun 19 14:50:59 CEST 2009

Maximilan Hoegner schrieb:
> Hi,
> is there some simple gst-launch-pipeline to slow down a video file?
> Something like
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=in.wav ! slowdown ! filesink=out.wav
>
> I know that I can play a video slower if I send a seek event with rate
> != 1.0. But seeking doesn't seem to work with filesink, and I don't know
> how to seek when using gst-launch, if this is possible. So is there a
> simple pipeline I can use with gst-launch?

The above missed demuxers and decoders. You need to fully transcode it.

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=in.wav ! decodebin2 ! waveenc ! filesink=out.wav

but even then I am not sure if it will work as imho its the audiosinks that
resample.

Regarding seeking and gst-launch - no way. gst-launch is not meant for this. You
need to write a small app.

Stefan