[gst-devel] compile include path change?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 10:22:13 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 20:17 -0700, Dan Taylor wrote:

> I am trying to use the newest version of gstreamer to build in a
> working directory. There is no problem with gstreamer-0.10.23.
>
> However, when I try to build gst-plugins-base-0.10.3,

0.10.23 surely? :)

> using the headers (and pkgconfig) from the just-built version of
> gstreamer, I cannot get the include path correct.  There is no
> specific configure option that I can find, and I’ve tried the assert
> the correct path on the command line with GST_CFLAGS and
> GST_OPTION_CFLAGS, but that didn’t help.

You will probably have to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH (to the pkgconfig dir
where the .pc files are) and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (the the dir where the .so
are).

You might be interested in:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-developing.html#developing-uninstalled-gstreamer

 Cheers