[gst-devel] PULL mode and PUSH mode

Arnab Samanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Jun 23 15:01:07 CEST 2009

 Hello Developers,

 I have a very basic doubt mentioned below . Kindly clarify.

 Can we have a pipeline with some of its elements in PULL mode and
 some of its elements in PUSH mode ?

 lets say we have a pipeline as follows

 gst-launch src ! B ! C ! D ! E ! sink

 In which, D is the plugin in PULL mode and rest all plugins are in PUSH mode .
 In this case , i guess the gst_pad_push() of plugin C is not dependant on gst_pad_push()
 of plugin E as in between the plugin D itself pulls the data and the gst_pad_push() of plugin C
 returns irrespective of wheather the gst_pad_push() of plugin E is done or not .

 Is my above understanding correct ? Please clarify.

 I am sorry if my understanding sounds wired.

 Thanks and Regards,
 Arnab

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
 recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
 all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.