[gst-devel] swfdec and GStreamer

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Wed Jun 24 14:50:55 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 17:02 +0530, Bibin joseph wrote:
> Jan Schmidt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:31 +0530, Bibin joseph wrote:
> >
> >> Why the following pipeline returns error?
> >> gst-launch filesrc location=/path/someflashfile.swf ! decodebin !
> >> ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
> >>

> > I can think of a few reasons, but I'm not going to guess. Please provide
> > the error, so that people trying to answer have something to work with.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jan
> >
>  Hi,
> Thanks for your kind attention. Following is my problem. I've installed
> swfdec libraries, and able to play with gnash
> gst-launch filesrc location=Videos/adriantnt.com_globe.swf ! decodebin !
> ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
> GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error.
> Additional debug info:
> gstffmpegdemux.c(1126): gst_ffmpegdemux_open ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
> Unhandled error code received
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...

It looks like:
a) It's attempting to play the file with FFmpeg's SWF playback, not
swfdec
b) FFmpeg is throwing an error code (one that our demuxer wrapper
doesn't recognise) when it first starts trying to play the file
c) You're probably not going to have much luck playing swf files with
GStreamer - the swfdec wrapper was written for swfdec 0.3, and never
been updated since - and as you see, the playback via ffmpeg isn't very
good except for some few files.

- Jan.
--
Jan Schmidt <thaytan at noraisin.net>