[gst-devel] The best way to control a plugin from application?

joh joh.vlcdev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:27:33 CEST 2009

Hi all!

I am writing a plugin which processes multiple streams upon request of
application.

For example, my plugin has a list which contains three video streams.
Initially, the plugin processes one stream, but not all of them. When my
application "some how" requests other streasms to the plugin, then it should
start to running the other streams.

Here is the question: how can I let the plugin start to work while main
pipeline is running?
I was thinking about the way setting a property, so that it triggers the
action. However, the property is not supposed to be used for this purpose.
Right? Are there better ways to do this?

By the way, I do know that I can setup mutiple bins and let them process
each stream independetly. However, it is not my option right now.

Thank you in advance!

--Justin