[gst-devel] Issue with timestamp reset in my pipeline

Krishnakumar Ramachandran krishnakumar.ramachandran at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:32:09 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have a source plugin with two src pads, one for audio and one for video.
My pipeline will look like below.

gst-launch mysrc name=src src.src_00 ! queue ! decoderbin ! xvimagesink
src.src_01 ! queue ! faad ! osssink.

I have some scenarios in my pipeline where my source will reset its time
stamps to 0. For example the source (it is a network source) will send some
feedback to the server, based on which the server might decide to drop the
resolution from VGA to QVGA (i.e if the source is not able to decode and
render VGA at expected rate). So I have a new media header in this case and
after the header, the timestamps again start from 0.

How do I handle this scenario? Do I have to create the pipeline all over
again?

I tried sending *gst_event_new_new_segment()* but, that is introducing two
issues.
1) A lag in video. After the new header, video is lagging audio by around
1.5-2 sec
2) Sometimes a jitter in audio.

Thanks in advance

KK