[gst-devel] Firewire cameras with DirectShow

Phil Rendell philrendell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:08:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently writing an application to stream video from a camera across a
network under Windows. I have managed to do this successfully using various
USB cameras, but when I try to do this with using two different firewire
cameras I get the following error:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to ffmpegcsp0

I'm using gst-launch to do this:

gst-launch -v dshowvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink

I'm using the GStreamer WinBuilds version 0.10.3, containing version 0.10.7
of the dshowsrcwrapper plugin and version 0.10.22 of ffmpegcolorspace.

Unfortunately there is no other output on the command line, so I'm a little
stumped. When I disconnect the camera from the computer this error
disappears and I get an error saying that the pipeline doesn't want to pause
and the pipeline is set to NULL (as expected). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil