[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 37, Issue 73

Arnab Samanta arnabsamanta at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Jun 25 14:23:17 CEST 2009

 Hello developers ,

 I am facing a problem related to memory leak.

 I have written an application which creates a pipleine which muxes H264 data in asf.
 The pipeline is
 filesrc location=/root/x.dat ! h264parse ! video/x-h264, height=720, width=1024, framerate=30/1 !
 ffmux_asf ! filesink location=/root/x_output.dat

 My application repeatedly starts-stops the pipeline.

 After every almost 5 times PLAY_NULL sequence of the pipeline , the memory usage increases by .1
 and hence after considerable sessions it increases a lot.

 Assuming the application does not have any memory leak can we conclude there is a leak in the
 plugins used in pipeline ?

 Further to isolate the problem , I modified the pipeline as
 filesrc location=/root/x.dat ! h264parse ! video/x-h264, height=720, width=1024, framerate=30/1 !
 filesink location=/root/x_output.dat
 and the memory usage after every PLAY_NULL sequence remains the same.

 Can we conclude memory leak in muxer ? or is it some other thing I am missing ?

 I am using gst-ffmpeg-0.10.5.

 Please suggest if I need to carry out some further experiments of if my conclusions are wrong.
 I am not filing the above observation as a bug in bugzilla as i guess we need to confirm if
 the above carried experiments ar enough to conclude .

 thanks and regards,
 Arnab