[gst-devel] Using playbin2

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 26 15:57:21 CEST 2009

Jeffrey Barish wrote:

> Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:

>> This most likely means it wants a core (libgstreamer-0.10.*) >= 0.10.23,
>> but actually links against an older version that doesn't have this
>> symbol. Maybe you haven't set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or whatever
>> correctly, either now or at build time? Check with ldd gst/.libs/_gst.so
>> what it links against.
>
> I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH at build time.  Big improvement.  However, I am
> still getting
>
> Could not write method GstStructure.get_uint: No ArgType for 'guint*'
>
> followed by many more "Could not write method ..." and "Could not write
> function ..." messages.  I also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell from
> which
> I ran the program.  I was able to import gst, but I got the message:
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Element'
>
> The gst version is 0.10.23 and the pygst version is 0.10.15 -- both good,
> so I must be close.
>
>>> By the way, when I made gst-plugins-base-0.10.23, gio was listed as
>>> a "plug-in with dependencies that will not be built".  Could this be the
>>> problem?  I couldn't figure out how to get the make to include gio.
>>
>> Pass the --enable-experimental switch to configure or autogen.sh to
>> build the gio plugin.
>
> So, do I actually need to build the gio plugin?

I also just noticed that the volume control for playbin2 does not work.  I'm
assuming that the problem is related to the warning messages I received
when building.

configure doesn't recognize a --enable-experimental switch:

$ ./configure --enable-experimental
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-experimental
--
Jeffrey Barish