[gst-devel] Novice

John Cummins jrpcummins at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 18:40:04 CEST 2009

Update on my tribulations getting started with GStreamer

I can now generate multiple plugins from gstplugin. The problem
was that I didn't know enough about automake. You need to be
very careful in modifying Makefile.am. Some extra examples would
have been very helpful. To that end I have attached the Makefile.am
that I use to compile two plugins sample and classify.
My initial procedure was :-
git
cd gst-template/gst-plugin/src
../tools/make_element classify
../tools/make_element sample
gedit Makefile.am
cd ..
./autogen.sh
make

I have been unable to generate any plugins from the gsttransform template.
If I do
../tools/make_element classify gsttransform

then make produces lots of errors
If I change the #include "gsttransform.h" in gstclassify.c to
#include "gstclassify.h" the make compiles ok but when I try to use
the plugin, it fails saying "gst_object_sync_values is undefined".
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

JC