[gst-devel] Port Gstreamer to Android

Prajnashi S prajnashi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:42:44 CET 2009

Android uses OpenCore, which is provided by PacketVideo as default
multimedia framework. But, after reviewing code, I found OpenCore is not
easy to work with and its resource (the number of plugin) is very limited.
So, I tried to port gstreamer  to Android to provide a more flexibility and
richer feature set. Fortunately, it can work. Now, I will share my
experience here.

The work includes:
  - glib
  - liboil
  - gstreamer core
  - gst-plugin-base
  - gst-plugin-good
  - gst-plugin-bad
  - gst-openmax
  - audio sink/video sink for android
  - glue layer to integrate gst into android's multimedia framework

You can find step by step introduction and all patches in my group. To get
it, you have to request to be a member. I'm sorry for this. I will remove
this obstacle in near future.  :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/prajnashi/web

-- Prajnashi S