[gst-devel] gst_element_factory_make returning failure

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Mar 3 19:09:12 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Suman Kumar Sanjeev Prasanna
<Suman.Prasanna at aricent.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> This is my first mail to this forum. I created a plugin and when i run through gst-launch it is working fine. however, when i tried it with a sample application, i am facing an problem while creating a pipeline.
>
>  gst_element_factory_make ("senddata", "senddata");   is failing. few times it works without any problem, but it often returns failure.

GStreamer doesn't come with an element called "senddata". So, I assume
this is a private element of yours - if it's failing, I guess that's a
problem in your code.

If you can describe a problem with gstreamer that doesn't require us
to have your private code, we can probably help in more detail.

Mike