[gst-devel] State change issues when asking for a RTSP stream with VLC

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:28:59 CET 2009

Hi,

I managed this issue by installing the UGLY plugins. However, I don't know
if this is the proper way to solve my issue.

Now I can get the RTSP stream (both from VLC and Live555 RTSP servers) but
the video framerate is lower than the original and not stable. I have
checked that all RTP packets are received (sequence numbers are ok) and I
get neither error nor warning messages from Gstreamer, so I don't know what
is happening and how I could get a smooth video playback in RTSP streaming
(the same video played locally works smoothly).

As said before, I have these problems since I updated Gstreamer from 0.8 to
0.10, so I don't know if there is any related issue with these problems or
if I'm missing something. Anyway, I would like anyone to help me getting
things working, either downgrading to 0.8 (I don't know where to find this
version) or managing with the current 0.10 version I've just installed.

Thank you all,
Javi