[gst-devel] Plugin creation

cammille at polytech.unice.fr cammille at polytech.unice.fr
Thu Mar 5 11:45:28 CET 2009

Hello !
I would like to create a simple plugin such as effectv.

But, first of all, I would like to create a "test plugin".
So, I tried to make the example described in the GStreamer Plugin Writer's
Guide.

I compiled the "test plugin" with the makefile, and now I'm trying to
launch this plugin, but I have an error.

What's wrong with :

$ gst-launch --gst-plugin-path=$HOME/gst-template/gst-plugin/src/.libs/
fakesrc ! testfilters ! fakesink silent=TRUE
 > WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "testfilters"

Maybe I have forgotten something ?

Thank you.