[gst-devel] Rendering of raw YUV file

Andrey Boyko andreib at module.ru
Fri Mar 13 08:50:54 CET 2009

Hi all!

I try to save video stream in raw YUV format to disk using following
command:
/gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/andreib/docs/MPG\ TS/football.ts !
mpegtsdemux program-number=3 ! mpeg2dec ! filesink location=sink.yuv/

I get file sink.yuv which looks convenient at first glance (appropriate
size etc.). Then I try to play it by command:
/gst-launch -v filesrc location=sink.yuv ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,
format=(fourcc)I420, width=(int)704, height=(int)480,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)10/11, framerate=(fraction)30000/1001' !
xvimagesink

/and I get some mess in output window. Straight playing:
/gst-launch -v filesrc location=/home/andreib/docs/MPG\ TS/football.ts !
mpegtsdemux program-number=3 ! mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink

/works fine. Properties for file format is getting from debug output of
recording command.

What I'm doing wrong?

P.S.: If anybody wants to reproduce exactly same actions that I do then
source TS file is here:
http://www.dododge.net/roku/hd-test-streams/football.ts