[gst-devel] Convert mp4 to mpeg2 transport stream using qtdemux & mpegtsmux

Raymond Tam rtam at 2wire.com
Fri Mar 13 23:15:25 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert a mp4 transport stream file (video: H264, audio: AAC) to mpeg-2 transport stream file.

If I use the following pipeline:

gst-launch filesrc location=input_video.mp4 ! qtdemux ! mpegtsmux m2ts-mode=FALSE ! filesink location=output_video.mpg

then the output file contains audio only.

As an experiment, I then try this pipeline:

gst-launch filesrc location=input_video.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! mpegtsmux m2ts-mode=FALSE ! filesink location=output_video.mpg

and the output file contains video only. Using VLC player, I can playback this output file without problem, but of course there's no audio.

Can someone please tell me what would be the right pipeline to construct in order to properly perform the conversion?

Thanks in advance.

-Raymond