[gst-devel] Problem on MacOSX

Alessandro Decina alessandro.d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 11:47:48 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Oscar Ostlund <oscar.ostlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have installed gstreamer on my new mac and the video doesn't work when I
> launch: gst-launch audiotestsrc ! osxaudiosink, it works fine
> But when I launch:gst-launch videotestsrc ! autovideosink or gst-launch
> videotestsrc ! osxvideosink
> it starts, rolls to pause, changes state to play but doesn't show any
> video..
> In the autovideosink case, I can see X11 starting but no video window...

What version of gst-plugins-good are you using?

osxvideosink was changed recently so that it doesn't create its own window
but needs the calling application to provide one. The change was
made since the old approach was simply broken.

To use osxvideosink the application needs to handle the have-ns-view
element message posted on the bus. gst-launch doesn't do that. You can
have a look at songbird if you want an example of how to do it.

Alessandro