[gst-devel] Problems seeking

Sun Mar 15 14:35:54 CET 2009

Hello,

i am trying to seek in a pipeline but it always seems to fail. I have
tried it in every possible state NULL/READY/PAUSED/PLAYING but it never
works.

My pipeline setup is like that

filesrc location=audio.ogg ! queue ! oggdemux ! vorbisparse ! vorbisdec
! audioconvert ! queue ! alsasink
filesrc location=video.ogv ! queue ! oggdemux ! theoraparse ! theoradec
! queue ! dfbvideosink

So the audio and video are in separate files. Playing stopping, pausing
works fine.  But i can't get seeking to work. I need seeking because i
have 6 audio tracks in 6 files and need to beable to switch the track
without stopping the video (or at least only pause it for a sec and than
restart at the old position)

I tried it like that

1) set pipeline PAUSED
2) get pipeline position
3) set pipeline NULL
4) set new location=audio.ogg
5) set pipeline PAUSED
6) seek to position got at (2)
7) set pipeline PLAYING

I do wait for the ASYNC state changes, but the seek always returns
FALSE, and the files starts playing at position 0.

What am I doing wrong, cause i really can't find much in the net other
than that seeking only works in paused/playing state.

- Erwin