[gst-devel] Video Rendering not proper on embedded linux

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:37:33 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 13:38 +0530, Arun Patole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built and installed gstreamer0.10, base-plugin, good, ugly, bad
> plugins, and ffmpeg plugin on ebmedded linux.
>
> I have a phonon application which uses gstreamer as a back end.
>
> When I try to play video(.avi, .wmv, etc) using my application, video
> is not getting rendered properly. It shows it like static pictures
> getting changed and not like actual video.

  Looks like QoS is kicking in. Check you cpu usage, if it gets too
high, gstreamer's Quality-of-Service system will kick in in order to
make sure you can at least see 'some' synchronized frames with audio (as
opposed to everything getting out of sync).

  If you want to confirm that that is the case, you could disable QoS in
the videosinks (qos=False).

    Edward